Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Why I blog

Being a blog virgin, I recently started a new e-course called How to Build a Blog You Truly Love taught by Liv Lane (http://www.choosingbeauty.com/.)  To start off this course, she asked this question and I put up the walls.  That was way too personal for me to answer out loud.  What if someone would hear me?  What if they laughed?  What if they got it?  What if, what if, what if.  The truth is, I started my blog, 1wingheART, to showcase my art and writing.  I am just now discovering that blogging is so much deeper.  It involves revealing your true, authentic self to readers - or maybe not - and hoping that a connection forges.  Life is about connections, with others, with art, with puppies, with God - connections that ground us, connections that act as a catapult to launch us into living our dreams.  Isn't it amazing how one little question, "Why do you blog?" can send us on such an amazing journey.

3 comments:

  1. I just finished reading all of the blog hops about "Why I Blog" and then there's yours! I love how honest and vulnerable you are here. Congratulations of such a sincere and captivating post!
    Blog Love, Kath
    (I'm in the bbtl course as well)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely hear you on the vulnerability thing, Lesa. I've been creating and blogging publicly for three years now and I am only JUST starting to feel comfortable in my own skin, speaking with my own voice. It does make you feel naked, but then you can look at yourself naked and say, "Hey! Look at me! I'm naked, and I'm awesome!" I have to say it is very liberating to write from the heart, in your own voice. Thank you for being so honest here - there are LOTS of people who feel the same way, believe me - and by being so upfront and honest from the get-go, you are already speaking in your authentic voice. It's a lot easier, and much more meaningful, to connect when you are being your true self :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for linking up and sharing!

    ReplyDelete