Monday, June 6, 2011

Welcome to 1wingheART: a place for barefoot dreamers!

1wingheART is now "open for business," which is funny since I will soon to be turning 50 years old and am just now realizing what I want to be when I grow up! I once heard someone say that you should never ask a child, "what do you want to be when you grow up," because it leaves them believing that their job defines them as a person.  Well, I believe a persons career does define them if it is a way for them to express their dreams, creativity and to connect with others.  I have worked in the field of education, owned my own yoga and Pilates studio and held all sorts of odd jobs until now - on the cusp of turning 50, I am realizing that I have been called to creativity.  Mixed media art, writing and refurnishing furniture are the things that I do that swallow me - I get lost in time and do not realize that hours have passed.  So, as I kick off my shoes and dare to dream barefoot, I am finally secure in what I want to be when I grow up - a kid playing in paints, markers, glue and getting messy while my spirit soars!  Won't you join me in my journey . . .

http://www.craftisart.com/novelideas

No comments:

Post a Comment